11 February 2011

rocking chair.


I'm spending a long weekend at home & had forgotten, once again, the newest member of my bedroom.
Meet antique rocking chair, a guest which has overstayed its welcome & resists anyone sitting in its lap. When I moved to Lawrence last August, this chair appeared in my room, which was apparently the safest storage place for it. However, it has not yet checked out of my humble abode for the past six months. Today, I decided to take advantage of the situation & make it a model. (It was much obliged.)

1 comment:

  1. One day I believe you will cherish this rocking chair as much as I do. The chair is about 90 years old and your sweet Great Grammy won it at the fair for having the most beautiful hair. I hope one day your children/my perfect grandchildren will rock in it one day.

    ReplyDelete